When you stay at Pilgrim’s Inn, the rest of Downeast Maine is at your fingertips.
Fresh air, open spaces abound at Pilgrim’s Inn on Deer Isle!
Rocky coastline, quiet coves, and breathtaking landscapes greet visitors at every turn. During your vacation here on the Maine Coast, you can explore nearby nature trails, take kayaking excursions to surrounding islands, travel to Isle au Haut and Acadia National Park, visit historic attractions and inspiring art galleries, or even take classes at a world-renowned art school. There are countless things to do in Deer Isle and Stonington.
Be sure to browse our Blogs, for more detailed info on places to go and things to do. We keep the blogs current with fresh suggestions for galleries, shopping, restaurants and all things nature, on Deer Isle.
Or, simply choose to stay put on our property for a quiet getaway. Our spacious grounds, which border the 50 acre Mill Pond out back, are a great place to spend some introspective days. Read a book, wander the trails through our meadows, paint, watch for birds, enjoy a drink, the choice is yours!
Some Local Events/Highlights:
- Wings, Waves Woods Festival May 21-23, 2021 ( event TBD)
- Island Heritage Trust – for hiking trails, preserves, nature
- Lupines! These Seuss-like flowers bloom from late June into July
- July 4th – experience some of Maine’s greatest Americana right here on Deer Isle (events TBD)
- Blue Hill Fair – Labor Day weekend
- AppleFest in Stonington – October date TBD
- Opera House Arts – Deer Isle’s culture center, with movies, plays, spoken word events, concerts and all things creative