Special Events at Pilgrim’s Inn

Pilgrim’s Inn is a wonderful location to have an intimate wedding, family reunion, anniversary, or other event that you will be sure to remember for a lifetime. Below are answers to frequently asked questions about holding an event at the Inn. Please contact us at 207-348-6615 or email us at innkeeper@pilgrimsinn.com and we would be pleased to talk with you about your special occasion.

How large of an event can be held at Pilgrim’s Inn?

Our property is ideally suited for small events for up to 42 people.

How many people can stay at the inn overnight?

We have 12 rooms and 3 cottages which can accommodate 30 people (plus 2 additional children or one adult in each cottage on a sofabed). When you hold your event at the inn, we require that all rooms and cottages be rented by people attending your event for a minimum of two days. This ensures that the property can be enjoyed entirely by your guests only. Pictures of our rooms and descriptions of our amenities can be seen here on our website using the links above.

Can a wedding ceremony be held at the inn?

Our property backs up to a large pond and many outdoor ceremonies have been held on our grounds. There is also a small park adjacent to the inn that is well suited for small wedding ceremonies. However, you will need to find a backup location for your ceremony in the event of rain.

Do you offer wedding planning services?

While we do not offer formal planning services, there are excellent florists, caterers, musicians, photographers, and wedding cakes in the area and we would be pleased to provide you with recommendations and direction.

What does it cost to rent the inn for a special event?

Besides the requirement that all rooms and cottages be rented by you and your guests for two nights, there is a facility fee to rent the restaurant and grounds for the night. Please contact us for more details.

Do you offer elopement packages?

Yes!  Please see our Elopement Packages for more information.

What do I need to know about getting married in Maine?

In Maine, there is no waiting period or blood test requirement for a marriage license. Two witnesses other than the person performing your ceremony are required. You must both apply for a marriage license in person at the local town office or a town office in the State of Maine. You should bring a current picture ID and if it is not the first marriage for either of you, you must bring a certified copy (raised seal) of divorce papers or death certificates. The marriage license is valid for 90 days and must be presented to the person performing your ceremony, who will then file it with the local town office after your ceremony. Please go to http://www.maine.gov/portal/family/marriage.html for more information. In Deer Isle, town offices have limited and sporadic hours. Please be sure to call the Clerk’s office to make sure you have ample time to apply for your license. Phone number is 207-348-9398. Main number is 207-348-2324. You can also apply for a license at the surrounding towns of Stonington and Blue Hill, whose town offices have more regular hours.

Marriage ceremonies can be performed by ordained ministers or person’s licensed to preach by an association of ministers or ecclesiastical body; lawyers who are admitted to the Maine Bar and are Maine residents; judges or justices who are Maine residents, and Maine notaries.

Contact us at 207-348-6615 (toll-free: 888-778-7505) or email us at innkeeper@pilgrimsinn.com with any questions or to start planning your special day!