Please be sure to check your email 2 days prior to arrival, to complete your registration via Our Online Check In Form. And check your texts on Arrival Day for Arrival Instructions. Thank you!!
We encourage you to Stay Safe, Stay Small, Stay Inn! Staying at a small, professional, owner-run inn like Pilgrim’s Inn, offers you many benefits, including easier social distancing, plenty of outdoor space to roam, and an island full of preserves and beautiful vistas to enjoy. A small inn means no crowds. And you will be supporting our small, family-owned (and in our case woman and veteran owned) businesses.
COVID Updates for Maine:
- Effective May 24, 2021, per Governor Janet Mills, mask wearing and social distancing requirements will be lifted for those who have been fully vaccinated. Anyone who is not fully vaccinated is required to wear a mask and social distance per the CDC. Please do the right thing and mask up if not vaccinated.
- Effective May 24, 2021, all occupancy limits on dining rooms and restaurants will be lifted.
- Under the Moving Maine Forward plan, Maine will shift its COVID-19 travel policy by May 1, 2021 to automatically exempt all states, unless a state is otherwise determined by the Maine CDC as being high risk. If one or more states see a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants, Maine will apply its test or quarantine requirement to travelers to and from that state. The Maine CDC will publicly announce any such states when they are identified.” – from the maine.gov website.
- For more info: https://visitmaine.com/travel-protocols
Contactless Check In and Communication
- Please be sure to read your emails/texts from us, for useful info about your stay.
- To help you make the most of your time on Deer Isle, we have created our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide. There is a link to it, in red, towards the top of your Confirmation Email. There is tons of info about places to go and things to do.
- We will utilize a texting service to provide you with check in information, and to collect any necessary info from our guests.
- Throughout your stay, you can feel free to text us with any questions or needs. We will of course be available on site, but this will be a socially distant, seamless option to stay in tune and stay safe.
- Guests will not be required to download an app, this is as basic as a text.
Arrival Information and Our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide
- Arrival time is from 3-6 PM, please let us know if you plan to arrive later. Check out time is 10:30 AM. We are unable to accommodate early arrivals or late check outs. We do extensive cleaning, room preparation, restocking of amenities, maintenance and outdoor chores between departures and arrivals, and we need this time to prepare to make your stay perfect, as well as the next guest’s. We follow all state regulations for lodging. Please provide us with the courtesy of arriving no earlier than 3 PM. A $100 fee may be assessed if you check out past 10:30 AM on departure day.
- Our office may be closed to guests because of its tiny size, but we are onsite and available if you need us. You may find us gardening, or working around the inn. We are always happy to assist you, of course. Our new texting option will be very helpful for us to keep in touch with our guests and provide for any needs.
- In advance of arrival day, you will receive our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide, via your Confirmation email. It will have all the local info you need from restaurants to hikes, as well as the in-house particulars you need to know during your stay at Pilgrim’s Inn.
- Based on Governor Janet Mills’ Stay Safer At Home Executive Order, we ask that our guests bring their own face coverings, as we are unable to provide them. Face coverings are required for staff at all times, and are required for guests while in common areas and the dining room, as well as public spaces.
- Our housekeepers take great pride in their work, and it shows. We already had exceptional standards for cleaning our rooms, prior to COVID. We will continue this tradition, while adapting to meet any new needs with regard to COVID based on State mandates, CDC and industry recommendations. Our standard cleaning plan has utilized hospital-grade disinfectants since 2017. Our housekeepers will be provided with any necessary PPE. Due to the time it takes to clean and prepare a room or cottage, we ask that you arrive between 3-6 PM, no early arrivals can be accommodated. Check out time is by 10:30 AM.
- Guests love our cozy, clean, luxurious beds! We use 100% cotton Sferra luxury sheeting and duvet covers, that can withstand high temperature washings and bleach. Our laundry is done at a commercial facility. We eliminated all throw pillows, bedspreads and unnecessary (and often unsanitary) extras when we took over the inn in 2017, in order to be able to launder everything regularly.
- High touch areas in our common rooms and halls will be sanitized frequently
- In order to minimize contact, we will not be providing daily housekeeping service during your stay. We are happy to change out towels, refresh amenities, and collect trash. Just let us know, we are happy to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- We provide a hearty breakfast each day, from 8-9:30 AM.
- In addition to our airy dining room in the Barn where we love to open the windows and barn door when the weather allows.
- We will of course be following all required COVID procedures for dining with regard to cleaning and serving. Guests that are not vaccinated fully are required to wear masks in the dining room unless they are actively eating/drinking while seated at their table.
- We have provided some picnic tables for guests to enjoy, for takeout and dinner. We are unable to serve breakfast at the picnic tables.
Public Spaces at Pilgrim’s Inn
- We ask that our guests follow all State of Maine mask mandates, which require guests that are not fully vaccinated to wear a mask while staying at Pilgrim’s Inn. If unvaccinated, masks are required while in public, which includes the common rooms and dining room unless seated and actively eating/drinking.
- There is no guest access to the office at this time, due to it’s tiny size. There is a video doorbell at the office door in case you need anything and don’t see us around. Or feel free to text.
- There is lots of outdoor space. Please feel free to roam the grounds!
- We have a bar onsite, guests may purchase drinks during bar hours. Due to our liquor license rules, if you bring your own alcohol onsite, it may only be consumed in your room. If you purchase alcohol from us, you may consume it throughout the inn or outdoors. Thank you in advance for helping us keep our liquor license safe.
- We are selling house-made ice cream for guests, from the bar. Please ask about what flavors we have.
- Please feel free to enjoy your take out meals at our picnic tables with a view, or in the downstairs Common Room at the bistro tables. We are happy to provide flatware, and will take your trash.
Book a stay at Pilgrim’s Inn and enjoy our fresh air and open spaces. Take advantage of the solitude of Deer Isle. “Staying Small” on a remote island has its advantages! We are doing our best to provide a safe, healthy experience to you as our guest, and for our staff. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with us as we modify our services to make reopening possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Pilgrim’s Inn!