We encourage you to Stay Safe, Stay Small, Stay Inn! Staying at a small, professional, owner-run inn like Pilgrim’s Inn, offers you many benefits, including easier social distancing, plenty of outdoor space to roam, and an island full of preserves and beautiful vistas to enjoy. A small inn means no crowds. And you will be supporting small, family-owned businesses.
As owners, we are very active in daily operations, including when we are closed during the off-season. We have been busy studying an array of best practices, and science-based resources, from the CDC and industry organizations, in order to create operations plans that will keep our guests and staff safe and healthy. We are also following guidelines set forth by the Maine Governor. We want to share with you some of the things we are implementing. Some aspects of your stay will change more than others, and this is a work in progress, so stay tuned. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Arrival Information and Our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide
- Arrival time is from 3-6 PM, please let us know if you plan to arrive later. We are unable to accommodate early arrivals. We do extensive cleaning, room preparation, restocking of amenities, maintenance and outdoor chores between departures and arrivals, and we need this time to prepare to make your stay perfect. COVID has added some extra hurdles with regard to cleaning/drying times. We follow all state regulations for lodging. Please provide us with the courtesy of arriving no earlier than 3 PM.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we are offering contactless arrival. On your arrival day, we will email you with parking directions, and instructions on how to get to your cottage. We often do this already, for after hours arrivals. Our office is physically closed because the building itself is closed, but we are onsite and available if you need us.
- In advance of arrival day, you will receive an email with our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide. It will have all the local info you need from restaurants to hikes, as well as the in-house particulars you need to know during your stay at Pilgrim’s Inn.
- Based on Governor Janet Mills’ Stay Safer At Home Executive Order, we ask that our guests bring their own face coverings, as we are unable to provide them. Face coverings are required for staff at all times, and required for guests while in public spaces.
- In order to simplify cleaning procedures, we will be ‘minimizing’ items in each cottage. Before your stay, we will reach out to you with an Amenities Menu, for you to complete and return. The Amenities Menu will have all the little complimentary extras we offer in-room, and you can pick and choose as you wish. We will have these items ready for you in your sparkling clean cottage, prior to check in. We will continue to provide shampoo, conditioner, shower gel in wall-mounted dispensers in the shower. These dispensers will of course be sanitized each time the shower is cleaned.
- A Bar Menu is included in the same Amenities Menu email. Just check off what you would like if anything, and we will add it to your bill.
- Guests love our cozy, clean, luxurious beds! We use 100% cotton Sferra luxury sheeting and duvet covers, that can withstand high temperature washings and bleach. Our laundry is done at a commercial facility. We eliminated all throw pillows, bedspreads and unnecessary (and often unsanitary) extras when we took over the inn in 2017, in order to be able to launder everything regularly.
- Our housekeepers take great pride in their work, and it shows. We already have exceptional standards for cleaning our rooms. We will continue this tradition, while adapting to meet any new needs with regard to COVID based on State mandates, CDC and industry recommendations. Our standard cleaning plan has utilized hospital-grade disinfectants since 2017. Our housekeepers will be provided with any necessary PPE. Due to the time it takes to clean and prepare a room or cottage, we ask that you arrive between 3-6 PM, no early arrivals can be accommodated.
- In order to minimize contact, we will not be providing daily housekeeping service during your stay. We are happy to change out towels and collect trash. If you need anything, please feel free to ask.
Public Spaces at Pilgrim’s Inn
- There is no access to the main inn building at this time (2020 season). There is a video doorbell at the office door in case you need anything. Or feel free to text.
- The cottages have spacious decks.
- There is lots of outdoor space to practice social distancing. Please feel free to roam the grounds! This season, with the main building closed, you will get to experience the property like we do when we are closed for the season, with just a few others on site. Enjoy the privacy! Enjoy the wildlife and views!
- For the 2020 Cottage Specials, breakfast is not available, but the cottages have kitchenettes. As long as COVID regulations allow, we expect to resume breakfast service in 2021 when the main inn building is again open.
Book a stay at Pilgrim’s Inn and enjoy our fresh air and open spaces. Take advantage of the solitude of Deer Isle.”Staying Small” on a remote island has its advantages! We are doing our best to provide a safe, healthy experience to you as our guest, and for our staff. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with us as we modify our services to make reopening possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pilgrim’s Inn!