We encourage you to Stay Safe, Stay Small, Stay Inn! Staying at a small, professional, owner-run inn like Pilgrim’s Inn, offers you many benefits, including easier social distancing, plenty of outdoor space to roam, and an island full of preserves and beautiful vistas to enjoy. A small inn means no crowds. And you will be supporting small, family-owned businesses.
As owners, we are very active in daily operations, including when we are closed during the off-season. We have been busy studying an array of best practices, and science-based resources, from the CDC and industry organizations, in order to create operations plans that will keep our guests and staff safe and healthy. We are also following guidelines set forth by the Maine Governor. We want to share with you some of the things we are implementing. Some aspects of your stay will change more than others, and this is a work in progress, so stay tuned. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Arrival Information and Our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide
- Arrival time is from 3-6 PM, please let us know if you plan to arrive later. We are unable to accommodate early arrivals. We do extensive cleaning, room preparation, and outdoor chores between departures and arrivals, and we need this time to prepare to make your stay perfect. Please provide us with the courtesy of arriving no earlier than 3 PM.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we are offering contactless arrival for the cottages in June and July. On your arrival day, we will email you with parking directions, and instructions on how to get to your cottage. We often do this already, for after hours arrivals. Our office is likely to be physically closed because of the small size, but we are onsite and available if you need us.
- In advance of arrival day, you will receive an email with our Pilgrim’s Inn Insider Guide. It will have all the local info you need from restaurants to hikes, as well as the in-house particulars you need to know during your stay at Pilgrim’s Inn.
- Based on Governor Janet Mills’ Stay Safer At Home Executive Order, we ask that our guests bring their own face coverings, as we are unable to provide them. Face coverings are required for staff at all times, and required for guests while in public spaces.
- In order to simplify cleaning procedures, we will be ‘minimizing’ items in each guest room. Before your stay, we will reach out to you with an Amenities Menu, for you to complete and return. The Amenities Menu will have all the little complimentary extras we offer in-room, and you can pick and choose as you wish. We will have these items ready for you in your sparkling clean room, prior to check in. We will continue to provide shampoo, conditioner, shower gel in wall-mounted dispensers in the shower. These dispensers will of course be sanitized each time the shower is cleaned.
- Guests love our cozy, clean, luxurious beds! We use 100% cotton Sferra luxury sheeting and duvet covers, that can withstand high temperature washings and bleach. Our laundry is done at a commercial facility. We eliminated all throw pillows, bedspreads and unnecessary extras when we took over the inn in 2017, for sanitary reasons, in order to be able to launder everything regularly.
- Our housekeepers take great pride in their work, and it shows. We already have exceptional standards for cleaning our rooms. We will continue this tradition, while adapting to meet any new needs with regard to COVID based on State mandates, CDC and industry recommendations.Our standard cleaning plan has utilized hospital-grade disinfectants since 2017. Our housekeepers will be provided with any necessary PPE. Due to the time it takes to clean and prepare a room or cottage, we ask that you arrive between 3-6 PM, no early arrivals can be accommodated.
- In order to minimize contact, we will not be providing daily housekeeping service during your stay. We are happy to change out towels and collect trash. If you need anything, please feel free to ask.
Public Spaces at Pilgrim’s Inn
- During June and July, there is no access to the main inn building. The cottages have spacious decks.
- Common rooms such as the Game Room, Library, Lounges and hallways will be treated with the same high cleaning standards as the guest rooms. High touch areas like door knobs, hand rails and light switches will be disinfected frequently.
- There is lots of outdoor space to practice social distancing.
- For June and July 2020 Specials, breakfast is not available, but the cottages have kitchenettes.
- We will continue to serve the multi-course breakfast we are known for. Instead of the self-serve cold buffet, we will take your order and deliver each course to your individual table. We will continue to accommodate special dietary needs with advance notice.
- Breakfast tables will be spaced out to provide social distancing. As a result, we will be providing each room with an assigned breakfast time.
- Breakfast is prepared by Scott and served by Nicole, the owners of Pilgrim’s Inn. In busy times, we may have an additional server to help. We are licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services, and Scott is ServSafe certified.
Book a stay at Pilgrim’s Inn and enjoy our fresh air and open spaces. Take advantage of the solitude of Deer Isle.”Staying Small” on a remote island has its advantages! We are doing our best to provide a safe, healthy experience to you as our guest, and for our staff. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with us as we modify our services to make reopening possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pilgrim’s Inn!