Scott and I wish you were here!
As of July 6, 2020, Governor Janet Mills issued a new Executive Order strengthening the enforcement of the face covering requirement. Don’t forget to bring your masks! Please wear them when out and about or in a public setting such as a restaurant or store, per the Executive Order. More info from the Governor can be found here.
As of July 3, 2020, residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut can stay in Maine, no quarantine or testing required, however testing is always encouraged. Face coverings and social distancing are required.
As of June 12, residents of Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire can stay in Maine, no quarantine, testing or certification required. Face coverings and social distancing are required.
Beginning June 26, 2020, visitors from all other states can stay in lodging in Maine if they:
A. “Know Before You Go” – Testing as an alternative to quarantine. Visitors should have a sample taken for a COVID-19 “PCR” test no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival in Maine. The result must indicate the visitor is COVID-19 negative (children under 18 years old are exempt). Guests must also sign a Certificate of Compliance and submit it to the lodging facility for record keeping. Antibody tests are not accepted per Maine CDC. Websites like Get Tested COVID-19 show local testing options nationwide.
B: Self-quarantine in Maine for 14 days, or have already completed their quarantine in Maine (each guest in travel group). Quarantine can take place in commercial lodging or private homes. You are required to quarantine in lodging or a private home if awaiting COVID-19 test results.
For more information on Governor Janet Mills Executive Orders: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/
Effective June 5, 2020, per Executive Order, face coverings and social distancing is required for staff and guests at businesses. Call ahead or online reservations are required – no walks ins.
If you would like to make a reservation, and meet the requirements above, you can book online or give us a call at 207-348-6615. Leave a message if we don’t answer and we will return your call when we are back in the office. We are doing our best to accommodate guests that want to travel this summer!
We are offering a special for Ginny’s Cottages and Rugosa Rose Cottage in July! The July Special rates are $199-$224 per night double occupancy and a 2 night minimum stay. Take advantage of all the fresh air and open space that Pilgrim’s Inn has to offer. Breakfast is not available with June and July Specials. Access to the main inn building is not available at this time.
If you have questions about an existing reservation, please take a look below, and check our COVID-19 blogs. They will be updated frequently as we receive more information. Or feel free to give us a call at 207-348-6615, and please leave us a message if we don’t answer. We will get back to you as soon as we are back in the office.
Pilgrim’s Inn has been welcoming guests for over 40 years. We have always, and will continue to maintain our inn as clean as possible. Our goal is to keep everyone, our staff and guests, safe and healthy, while maintaining our high standard of hospitality. Our housekeepers really take pride in the work they do. My background in health care adds another level of expertise in how to clean and sanitize. Small inns like ours are at an advantage, we can pivot quickly to modify daily operations to keep everyone healthy. The same goes for our food service.
And then there are the advantages of being on a small, quiet island with lots of nature preserves and beautiful coastal vistas for social distancing.
In response to the COVID-19 challenges, we have temporarily modified some of our policies. We will continue to update accordingly as there are many unknowns right now for everyone. As a small, seasonal business that exists because of travel, we appreciate your help, support, and cooperation.
If you have an existing reservation for 2020:
- We will be in contact with you at least 3 weeks before your arrival date. It is our goal to keep you informed of any Maine-specific travel restrictions as soon as we are aware of them. We can tie up any loose ends about your reservation at this time. After the reservation is confirmed at this time, our Temporary Cancellation Policy For 2020 will apply.
To cancel or modify a 2020 reservation, there are 2 options. Please contact us as soon as possible, preferably at least 15 days prior to your arrival date:
- We are happy to credit an existing reservation, in full, toward another stay, either in 2020, once travel restrictions are lifted, or we’ll carry it over for a future season. There will be no blackout days or penalties. Simply contact us when you are ready to reschedule, and we will make the reservation for you. As a small seasonal business, this is a helpful option for us.
- Please let us know if you prefer a refund of your deposit. For more info, please read the Temporary Cancellation Policy for 2020.
For future reservations:
- Our policy on collecting a deposit at the time the reservation is made has temporarily changed. A credit card is required to make a reservation, but no deposit will be collected when making the reservation.
- Temporary Cancellation Policy For 2020 Reservation Dates: As a small, seasonal business, especially during COVID, any cancellations affect us greatly. We have temporarily modified our usual policies due to COVID, in order to accommodate changes. A credit card is required to make the reservation, full payment will be charged to the card 3 days prior to arrival. If you need to cancel, please notify us as soon as possible, and at least 4 days prior to arrival. Any cancellations within 4 days of arrival cannot be refunded unless we can rebook the reservation in its entirety. Refunds are subject to a $25 credit card processing fee, which helps cover our fees.
- Your confirmation email will have our Temporary Cancellation Policy for 2020, which has been implemented due to COVID, and our standard Cancellation Policy. If your reservation is for 2021, the standard Cancellation Policy will apply.
If you would like to help us get past the COVID-19 hurdle, please consider doing the following:
- Like/follow us on Facebook and Instagram, share our posts
- Share your Deer Isle vacation photos and tag Pilgrim’s Inn or our video on Youtube
- Tell all your friends to stay with us after this is all over
- Add us to the top of your places to stay, and stay with us frequently!
Your support now helps us stay afloat and gives us all something to look forward to. We look forward to welcoming you here when all this is over. We miss you!
Scott & Nicole
Pilgrim’s Inn Innkeepers